SPEEDWAY – High-Speed Modules for Real-Time Applications
Fast, faster, SPEEDWAY: with a hardware delay of 10 μs the three new digital high-speed modules are ideally suited to tackle "hard" real-time challenges.
On account of the short reaction times of the modules, they are excellent for meeting real-time challenges, such as those in "Motion Control"-based automation systems.
The three digital IP67 modules connect to high-speed sensors and actuators via four M12 ports. The connections are shielded to rule out any electromagnetic interference. The individual channels can be configured based on a specific fieldbus using the device description files, or as fieldbus independent using FDT/DTM technology.
The three newcomers at a glance:
- 8 digital inputs (4 x M12, two inputs per connector, shielded)
- Filter (10, 25, 50, 100 and 200 µs, 1 and 3 ms, and "Filter Off"), channel-by-channel configuration - inversion, simulation and diagnostics
- 8 digital outputs (4 x M12, two outputs per connector, shielded) with an output current of 0.1 A per channel
- Channel-by-channel configuration - Substitute value strategy, manual mode, inversion, simulation and diagnostics
- 4 digital inputs or outputs (4 x M12, shielded) with an output current of 0.2 A per channel. The hybrid module also offers the advantage of configuring each channel either as an input or an output.
- Configurable operating mode and counter
- Channel-by-channel configuration - Filter, substitute value strategy, manual mode, inversion, simulation and diagnostics