SondershausenIn October 1990, WAGO rented the former social amenities building of Kali Südharz AG and took up production in Sondershausen with 6 employees. The first section of a new building (60,000 m2) in the commercial park "Hainleite" was then opened in October 1993 with 150 employees.
Other new building projects here included:
- Construction of a new punching shop with an area of 3,000 m2.
- The logistics and distribution center, with an area of 5,300 m2.
- Production building for automated assembly (3,500 m2).
- Expansion of the logistics center by a further 2,641 m2 in 2003.
- Erection of a two-story production building (7,000 m2) for automated, manual and rail-suspended assembly.
- Expansion of the component parts warehouse and of the apprentice workshop (4,800 m2).
Around 1100 staff members are currently employed at the Sondershausen location, including 87 apprentices.
The products that leave our ultra-modern distribution and logistics center reach our customers in Germany within 24 hours and our customers throughout the rest of Europe in a mere 48 hours.