- Convenient wiring via an extremely compact design
- Push-in termination of up to eight solid conductors
- Cross-section range: 0.5 … 2.5 mm²
- Any combination of conductor sizes is possible
- PUSH WIRE® connection terminates solid (“s”) copper conductors
Terminating Aluminum Conductors
WAGO spring clamp terminal blocks are suitable for solid aluminum conductors up to 4 mm²/12 AWG if WAGO “Alu-Plus” Contact Paste is used for termination.
“Alu-Plus” Contact Paste Advantages:
- Automatically destroys the oxide film during clamping.
- Prevents fresh oxidation at the clamping point.
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion between aluminum and copper conductors (in the same terminal block).
- Provides long-term protection against corrosion.
For spring clamp connections with PUSH WIRE® connection technology, WAGO recommends that the aluminum conductor first be cleaned and then immediately inserted into the clamping unit filled with “Alu-Plus” contact paste.
It is also possible to apply WAGO “Alu-Plus” additionally on the whole surface of the aluminum conductor before termination.
Please note that the nominal currents must be adapted to the reduced conductivity of the aluminum conductors::
2.5 mm² = 16 A
4 mm² = 22 A
Remarque de sécurité 1:
dans des réseaux mis à la terre