This counter records binary pulse signals with NAMUR-compliant levels at the CLK (CLOCK) input and transmits the counter status to the installed fieldbus system. The counting direction in “up/down counter” mode can be set using the U/D input. A control byte sets or resets the counter and digital output (DO). Additionally, a limit value can be set at which the DO output is activated when this value is exceeded. The output is short-circuit-proof.
- Up counter with enable input
- Up/down counter
- Frequency counter
- Peak-time counter
- Green LED (Up/Down + CLK + DO status)
- Red LED (Up/Down + CLK error status)
Field and system levels are electrically isolated.
The device is ideal for operation in extreme environments thanks to:
- An extended temperature range
- Greater immunity to impulse voltages and electromagnetic interference
- Higher vibration and shock resistance