The ETHERNET Controller combines control functionality, I/O interface and ETHERNET in one device.
Application programming is IEC 61131-3 compliant. Function blocks allow both clients and servers to be programmed via socket APIs for all transport protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP).
Features and applications:
- Decentralized control to optimize support for a PLC or PC
- Devide complex applications into individually testable units
- Programmable fault response in the event of fieldbus failure
- Signal pre-processing to reduce fieldbus transmissions
- Directly control peripheral equipment for faster system response times
- Stand-alone, compact controller