Just like conventional local power stations, the intelligent distribution substation (iONS) connects the medium- and low-voltage grids. Unlike its less advanced counterparts, however, the new substation also records measurement data and allows this data to be read remotely. WAGO is ready to support an iONS with comprehensive automation technology: The PFC200 Controller on the medium-voltage side and the e!DISPLAY on the low-voltage side for visualizing the measurement and control data directly at the iONS itself, as well as complete connection technology. Advantages of WAGO's solution:
- Versatile: The controllers, which are freely programmable via CODESYS, collect all data from the substation's various systems via digital and analog signals (e.g., via MODBUS RTU or IEC 61850).
- Multilingual: Our controllers translate the data into supplier-required communication protocols (e.g., IEC 60870-5-101/-104 or IEC 61850) and transmit it to the control center via data line.
- In the opposite direction, the control center can access the substation's systems (e.g., medium-voltage control cabinet, protective devices, measurement systems from different manufacturers) via the WAGO Controllers.
- Cybersecurity: The data flow from WAGO Controllers is protected against unauthorized access by encrypting the data using TLS1.2 and by transmitting the data via specially secured connections, such as IPsec or OpenVPN, according to the BDEW White Paper.
- Cloud connectivity: Connection to the cloud thanks to an MQTT software upgrade