Application-based Controller Redundancy
Reliable and Cost-effective
WAGO’s Application-based Controller Redundancy system offers users a reliable and cost-effective system that helps increase system availability in applications such as alarm and monitoring, lighting and climate control applications. The solution is designed as an SPOF-tolerant system (Single Point of Failure), meaning that if any fault that occurs such as a loss of power, or loss of LAN connection, the system will continue to operate.
The system uses two PFC200 controllers communicating with each other over a redundant Ethernet network. The system is based on Modbus TCP protocol and standard WAGO hardware, making the system easy to commission. WAGO’s e!COCKPIT based software library is used to synchronize the functions of the redundant controllers.
Distributed I/O can be accomplished using WAGO’s Smart Couplers for trouble-free installation. Up to six smart couplers can be used in the Application-based Controller Redundancy system.
- System transfers control over to secondary controller if master controller is affected by a fault
- WAGO’s ACR is designed as a single point of failure (SPOF) system
- Connect up to six remote nodes using WAGO’S Smart Couplers
- Smart Couplers communicate with redundant controllers using dual Ethernet cables or a Ring topology
- Redundant power supplies and Ethernet switches can be used in parallel with the ACR to further system availability