Preparing machines and systems for faster startup: e!COCKPIT the new engineering software shortens development time for automation projects while impressing with a modern and clearly laid out user interface. At the software’s core is CODESYS V3, which provides the simple and versatile creation of applications.
Ensuring a project’s long-term viability through sustainable cost savings hinges on a user’s ability to quickly adapt to new software that offers a high degree of reusability. This sharpens your competitive edge by reducing your time to market.
WAGO set out to fulfill these exact requirements by developing its own engineering software: e!COCKPIT. This integrated development environment supports every automation task from hardware configuration, programming, simulation and visualization up to commissioning — all in one software package.
Use the programming tool to cover all important automation bases while simultaneously engineering particularly complex projects quickly and easily.
Configuration and Parameterization
The integrated e!COCKPIT configurators provide modern operating tools and workspaces, such as:
- Graphical network topology: Complex dependencies between network participants and their current states are easily and intuitively accessed.
- Drag & Drop: Simplifies interaction with devices.
- Copy & Paste: Individual devices or whole network branches can be duplicated quickly.
- Batch processing: Parameter values are set simultaneously for several devices.
e!COCKPIT offers multiple software development options:
- IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages: Structured Text (ST), Ladder Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Instruction List (IL), Sequential Function Chart (SFC), Continuous Function Chart (CFC)
- For flexibility, all programming languages can be combined with one another.
- Created programs can be easily debugged on the engineering PC via simulation.
- New paradigms such as object-oriented programming are included.
Advanced user interfaces for operating and monitoring machines are standard. Today, HMI-based design is a critical factor that influences the purchase of an entire automation line. e!COCKPIT employs Drag & Drop to streamline the design of modern user interfaces. The integrated visualization editor provides:
- Access to IEC program variables.
- Closed simulation of HMI and PLC program on the engineering PC.
- Guaranteed language independence via Unicode character set.
- Current standards such as HTML 5 or CSS.
Being acutely aware of the automation network’s current status is an absolute must for the rapid detection and elimination of errors — be it during development in the office or directly on the machine during commissioning.
e!COCKPIT provides comprehensive diagnostic capabilities:
- Individual views always display the controllers’ status information, for example, both graphically and in tabular form.
- To keep project on time, error messages are transmitted directly and clearly.
- The structured wiring test function systematically identifies wiring errors.
Register for e!COCKPIT Engineering Software: Form
Register here to download and test the Engineering Software for 30 days free of charge.