WAGO Automation Software e!COCKPIT for faster machine and system startup: WAGO's new engineering software shortens development time for automation projects while impressing with a modern and clearly laid out user interface. At the software’s core is CODESYS V3 for simple and versatile creation of applications.
Ensuring a project’s long-term viability through sustainable cost savings hinges on the user’sability to quickly adapt to new software that offers a high degree of reusability.
WAGO set out to fulfill these exact requirements by developing its own engineering software: e!COCKPIT. This integrated development environment supports every automation task, from hardware configuration, programming, simulation and visualization, to commissioning – all in one software package.
Use the programming tool to handle all important automation tasks, and implement especially complex projects quickly and easily.
Configuration and Parameterization
The integrated e!COCKPIT configurators provide state-of-the-art operating tools and workspaces,
- Graphical network topology: Complex relationships between network devices and their current states can be identified easily and intuitively.
- Drag & drop: Simplifies device interaction.
- Copy & paste: Individual devices or whole network branches can be duplicated quickly.
- Batch processing: Parameter values are set simultaneously for several devices.
e!COCKPIT offers multiple software development options:
- IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages: Structured Text (ST), Ladder Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Instruction List (IL), Sequential Function Chart (SFC),
Continuous Function Chart (CFC)
- For flexibility, all programming languages can be combined with one another.
- Created programs can be easily debugged on the engineering PC via simulation.
- New paradigms such as object-oriented programming are included.
Advanced user interfaces for machine operation and monitoring are standard. Today, HMI-based design is a critical factor that influences the purchase of an entire automation line. e!COCKPIT employs Drag & Drop to streamline the design of modern user interfaces. The integrated visualization editor provides:
- Access to IEC program variables
- Closed simulation of HMI and PLC programs on the engineering PC
- Guaranteed language independence via Unicode character set
- Current standards such as HTML 5 and CSS
Being acutely aware of the automation network’s current status is vital for rapid fault localization and debugging – be it during development in the office or directly on the machine during commissioning.
e!COCKPIT provides comprehensive diagnostic capabilities:
- Individual views, for example, always display the controllers’ status information both graphically and in tabular form.
- To keep the project on time, error messages are transmitted directly and clearly.
- The structured wiring test function systematically identifies wiring errors.