This counter module can be parameterized. Different operating modes can be set:
- Up/down counter / 100 kHz
- Up counter / enable input
- Peak-time counter
- Frequency measurement: 0.1 Hz … 100 kHz (default setting)
- Up/down counter / signal outputs (DO)
- Two up counters / 16 bits / 5 kHz
The module's counter records 24 V binary pulses and transmits the counter status to the fieldbus system.
The control byte sets or resets the counter.
Digital outputs “DO 1” and “DO 2” can also be set using the control byte.
The outputs are short-circuit-protected.
Four green LEDs indicate the status of both U/D and CLOCK inputs and digital outputs.
Field and system levels are electrically isolated.
The device is ideal for operation in extreme environments thanks to:
- An extended temperature range
- Greater immunity to impulse voltages and electromagnetic interference
- Higher vibration and shock resistance